With fall’s arrival, it’s the perfect time for kids to leap into the great outdoors and soak in the sunshine. We’ve put together a fantastic list of exercises for kids that you can easily incorporate into your family’s workout routine or enjoy right at home.
How Much Exercise Does a Kid Need?
Kids seem to have boundless energy, and it’s a good thing!
Did you know, children between the ages of 6 and 17 should aim for one hour of moderate to vigorous physical activity daily?
While an hour may sound like a lot, you can gradually add it into your weekday morning or afternoon routines.
Why Is Exercise Important for Kids?
Exercise offers a multitude of benefits for kids. Beyond boosting their energy levels, it’s crucial for building strong bones and muscles.
In an age where children spend more time sitting, especially during school, physical activity provides a fantastic solution.
Exciting Exercises for Kids:
- Exercise Ball: Bring out the exercise ball for a delightful indoor activity that enhances core strength and flexibility. Kids can bounce and lift the ball, fostering balance and strength.
- Obstacle Course: Set up a thrilling backyard course and let your kids race their way through it; hula hoops, a pool, jump ropes, and any other creative items you can find.
- Trampoline Time: Trampolines are irresistible to most kids, and they offer fitness benefits too. They provide an excellent platform for practicing flips and jumps, perfect for budding gymnasts or dancers.
- Jumping Jacks: Get those hearts pumping with a classic cardio exercise. Have your kids do thirty seconds of jumping jack bursts. Stand up, bend your knees slightly, and extend your arms out to the sides while jumping. The heart-pounding fun begins!
- Rocket Jumps: Squat, touch the floor with your hands, then shoot up like a rocket, and repeat! Blast off into the sky with every jump.
Let these exercises guide you and your kids through the fall season inspired by Chuck E. Cheese and his friends.
Let’s get moving kids!